50 Things to do in the Costa del Sol
With temperatures in summer that are around 25-30 degrees and an annual average of 19 degrees, we are proud to say that we have more than 320 sunny days per year, so it is not surprising that we are the object of thousands’s desire of people. From east to west, more than 160 kilometers of coastline and 15 large coastal municipalities dot the Andalusian coast offering a tourist offer for all tastes, from families with children, to young people, lovers of nature, shopping, the sun and the beach or good gastronomy. You can imagine that there is a lot to see in the Costa de Sol. Whatever you are and who you come with, on the Costa del Sol you will find yourself at home. Here are some ideas so that boredom can not …
1. Take a walk through the charming old town of Marbella.
2. Visit the picturesque town of Mijas and if you dare, ride a donkey taxi.
3. Enjoy with family the Tivoli World amusement park in Benalmádena.
4. Stroll through Puerto Banús in Marbella, the most glamorous marina on the entire coast.
5. Eat at the restaurant Dani García, the 2-Michelin-starred restaurant of chef Dani García (I’m still saving to go …). If you do not have that much budget, Bibo Dani García is a great option.
6. Sunbathing at Burriana Beach, Nerja. And eat a rice at the chiringuito de Ayo, famous for the series Verano Azul.
7. Climb the Benalmádena cable car to admire the entire Costa del Sol from the heights.
8. There are many options to get out of gear. For example the Marina of Benalmádena, Fuengirola, Marbella or the beach bars of the beach of Los Alamos, near Malaga capital.
9. Play Golf in one of its 45 fields. For something they also call the area “the golf coast”.
10. Visit the white village of Frigiliana, one of the most charming in the province.
11. Take a walk, shop or go to the cinema in Playa Mayor, one of the largest shopping centers in the province.
12. Eat a plate of cod in the restaurant Alborada, in Arroyo de la Miel.
13. Visit the nature park Selwo Aventura Estepona, with hundreds of animal species in semi freedom.
14. Visit the monumental Ronda, the dream city, an hour’s drive from the coast.
15. Enjoy the most exclusive beach club on the coast: Nikki Beach, in Marbella.
16. Eat fried fish (sardine skewers included) in some of the restaurants on the beach of La Carihuela.
17. See the largest stupa of the West, in Benalmádena.
18. Go to Nerja, visit the balcony of Europe and the Caves of Nerja.
19. Know the La Rada Beach, in Estepona, distinguished on several occasions with blue flag.
20. Visit the white village of Casares.
21. Scuba diving or snorkeling on the cliffs of Maro- cerro Gordo and enjoy its wild beaches.
22. Do some shopping at the La Cañada Shopping Center, Marbella.
23. Walk the Caminito del Rey, one of the most dangerous trails in the world.
24. Spot dolphins and whales in the Strait of Gibraltar.
25. Go to the Torrequebrada Casino if only to see the atmosphere and spend little.
26. Walk down San Miguel de Torremolinos street, a classic on the Costa del Sol.
27. Take a bath in the infinity pool of the THB Reserva del Higuerón hotel. The views of the Costa del Sol are priceless.
28. See Bioparc, the nature park of Fuengirola,
29. Take a seafood rice in the restaurant The pier
30. Visit the Sohail Castle of Fuengirola, the Arab fortress of the 10th century.
31. Bask in one of the best nudist beaches on the coast: the Artola Beach in Cabopino, Marbella.
32. Enjoy the Aquapark in Torremolinos with your family.
33. Relax with a spa session at the Holiday Hydros hotel.
34. Eat at El Lago Restaurant (Marbella) to taste the cuisine of Diego del Río, another of the Michelin stars of the province.
35. Take a horse ride in El Ranchito, Torremolinos.
36. Enjoy the mountain in the nearby Sierra de las Nieves.
37. Take a fried fish in the town of Torre del Mar.
38. Get to know Júzcar, the famous Smurf village of the Serranía de Ronda (more than an hour from the coast).
39. Enjoy your parties: in June Marbella, in September Torremolinos and Vélez Málaga or Fuengirola in October.
40. Stay who can (or failing to take a coffee) to the luxurious Hotel Villa Padierna in Marbella.
41. Bathing in Sabinillas Beach, in the municipality of Manilva.
42. Enjoy the atmosphere of the historic town of Estepona.
43. Visit the town of La Caleta de Vélez, with one of the most important fishing ports on the coast. And eat fresh, clear fish.
44. Go hiking through the Torcal de Antequera.
45. Stroll through the parks of La Paloma and La Bateria, in Benalmádena and Torremolinos respectively.
46. ??Take a few laps in the Karting circuit of Fuengirola.
47. Eat luxury at the Messina restaurant in Marbella.
48. Make the “ruta de la pasa”, to know some villages of the Axarquía of Malaga.
49. Live a natural experience descending the river Chillar.
50. In short, enjoy the sun, the beach and the atmosphere of some of the best climates in the world.